Saturday, March 28, 2009

Guess what I Found in Children's Books

On a quick jaunt through Target yesterday I ran across something I find to be a bit disturbing. My purpose was to find some entertainment for my children. While looking at children's books I made the disturbing discovery. There in front of all the children's books were three books about Obama. They were talking about how great he is for making the changes necessary for our country. One was a coloring book. Did they have this stuff for past Presidents?

When I returned home I thought I would check things out. Did you know they have paper dolls of Obama, and if you are interested, his family comes separately. There are many books, 85 to be exact that Target alone sales, telling us what a great guy Obama is. How he is just what our country needs. My husband pointed out that they are not all written by him. But he has only been Pres. three months.

The day after inauguration I was shopping at my local Wal-mart where I found posters of the new Pres. There were 5 or 6 you could choose from. They all put him in a positive light. When Bush was in I didn't see posters of him in Wal-mart. The posters I did see were almost always making fun of him.

Why do people feel they have to sale this propaganda to children? It sounds like the government is trying to take over. In China, and Germany it was the fresh, uncorrupted children and youth the leaders reached out to to help their cause. There is something to think about.

No comments: