Wednesday, November 4, 2009

How much are you Loved?

Our three year old is beginning her own little tradition of expressing her love towards family members. She begins by saying "I love you." It can be quite traumatic at times, especially when it is her father leaving.

It goes something like this: "I love you forever!" then she will say "I still do!" and then she turns on the water works and will say " I really, really do!" and then it will repeat its self a time or two with some sobbing waves out the window as the family member pulls away or walks away to school.

This morning there was a twist to this tradition that I thought might be fun to share.

As our 11 year old was heading out the door, he went along with the whole tradition and decided to add at the end his response: "I love you gargantuously!" I think he was hoping it would be a mutual sentiment.

Instead our three year old responds "I don't, not that much." guess he will just have to settle and be happy with "forever".

No comments: