Saturday, November 28, 2009

Welcome Home

To start, saying this past week was an adventure would be but a bit of an understatement. We had people sing about us; while asking for money, watched a group of women dance and play percussion instruments, had some misunderstandings (on my behalf) in which we encountered costs more than we had planned, enjoyed haggling with the locals on our purchases, saw an area of our missionary, and enjoyed one of his favorite treats. Rode the Metro, and the bus system (I must say it was quite bumpy, oh the memories that returned...*sigh*)

I had someone ask if I was a Brazilian, so I still have the language a little at least.

Some of the funnies were when one of us walked into a mirror, another just about had an elevator door close on them. We had a problem with wet pj's one night, and some other chuckles.

The food was great! we had churrascaria, pizza, strognauf, beans and rice, salad, tons of breads, corn pudim, and their fruit...M-M-M! They have a new fruit I liked, Luxia. It looked like a soft walnut maybe, but the center was a milky white sweet delight! I was reminded of how great their fruit juices are. We have great food here in the states, however I must say there are great things out there in other countries! (Things we can't even begin to compete with in some instances.)

The rain was warm and fun to walk in, we experienced quite a lot of it! I had forgotten that the weather could change so quickly! We actually own several umbrellas due to the weather change in inconvenient timing...lol!

I had a great time. However, the greatest part was returning to our children. Our three year old had given her sister a run for her money, and the one year old was an angel. I missed out on some great adventures here as well. Our ten year old had brought home a lot of his art work, he is quite the artist in deed! Our seventeen year old has been a great assistant in helping his sister with the kids. Have I told you, these kids give great hugs! Oh, how good it is to be cack.

No comments: