Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I have been enjoying this Christmas season! It has been a white Christmas here in my neck of the woods. Everyone seemed to enjoy the gifts they received. I know I did. I got some Jacks, a candle that crackles like a live fire, crafting stickers, a movie trio you would all be jealous of and a sign saying "No empty Chairs". As you can see I was spoiled rotten.

We missed having the girls home this year, but we did have them over Thanksgiving, welcoming their Brother home. So...well, we have next year to look forward to.

My highlights this Christmas were these:

While putting up decorations my three year old came across an ornament of herself at 18 mos. She informed her now 18 mo. old brother "that was me when I didn't look like myself."

Christmas shopping with the kids was fun, their reasoning for the choice of gifts is something to behold.

Watching the children's eyes light up as they discovered each of their gifts.

Breakfast was being decided one morning, and this is the conversation you could have over heard: I can't find any frozen burritos." an older brother replies "then fix yourself a tortito." I have yet to find out what that is, though I am sure it is tasty.

And of course there is the little man who received more cars than he can carry in his little hands...lol....but he has to take them every where.

Christmas was enjoyable. I hope yours was as well. May the spirit, treasured memories and blessings of Christmas follow you into this fresh new year.

No comments: