Monday, June 7, 2010

A Moments Thought.

Another day, another dollar. I have a feeling my posts are going to be a bit more spaced out. With summer here life seems too be picking up rather than slowing down. What is up with that?

This past weekend was great, the older boys here at home have both moved forward with their callings towards manhood. I am quite proud of them both. It isn't everyday two brothers of different ages are able to advance as they have. The younger of the two was quite excited when he found out he would become a Deacon the same day his older brother became an Elder! Yes! What good young men have been placed in my stewardship at this time. What examples.

So we now have one preparing for a mission (the next 7-8 months will pass quickly) and another preparing to pick up where his older brother will be leaving. It is odd to be on the watching end of life. I enjoy it thoroughly though. These boys are turning into handsome young men.

My husband and I were talking the other day. When our 12 year old leaves for his mission, his sister will be entering young womens, and the younger brother will be terrorizing his teachers, surprising us with what he has learned along the way. I realize this is 7 years away, but I have been married for 5 years which have passed rather quickly.

In the barber shop where I once worked I had several gentlemen tell me "wait till you are my age, then you will see time fly, in fact you may wonder where it has gone." I am finding not even half their age that it is already going more quickly than I would like at times. I enjoy watching the children grow and experience the seasons of their lives. Like I said, it is just odd to be on the watching end.

No comments: