Sunday, July 18, 2010

I have had a lot on my mind as of late. This year I am learning some good lessons. I have learned I can't please everyone. Some people don't want you to please them, they are looking for reasons to dis-like you for what ever reason the conjure up. I am becoming Okay with that. I am not here to please everyone, mainly my Heavenly Father, Husband, and myself. If I can help others along the way that is great, but not necessary. I am feeling more comfortable with that than I have been in the past.

Also in these lessons I have come to this conclusion: I am blessed, I am. I have a husband who loves and adores me despite my short comings. He is my very best friend. He has the most reliable advice for someone I can talk to in person. I have a Heavenly Father that not only loves me, but is patient with me as I learn these lessons and do my best in finding a happy medium when I swing from right to left. He too is a reliable source on which I can rely. He truely wants my happiness, even if gaining that happiness feels painful at times.

Through these lessons I am learning to respect myself and not let others walk all over me. I don't have time to feel sorry for myself. My children need a mother whose focus is on them, not herself. I am finding there are many "gifts" I don't have to accept. I do better with out them. I am still learning to gracefully decline these gifts, it will come with time. Some "gifts" aren't intended to be warm fuzzies. I am learning to recognize the difference.

As long as I respect myself and others I am doing Okay. It helps to remind myself that they are children of God as well, and He loves them as He does me. I do have to say in the 'moment of things' I do forget this sometimes. Again, thanks to an older brother who has made it possible to repent.

Over all, I am thankful for the gospel in my life. With out it, I think I have been given many reasons to have become a bitter, acidic person. I am not perfect, but I am happy with my life and the friends that come and go, and the ones that stay. I am blessed.

No comments: