Thursday, July 15, 2010

My minds eye...

Well we are well into the summer! Enjoying zucchini from the garden, a tomato at a time, and fresh green beans. My husband makes the best fried rice this time of year with products from our garden. I am one lucky lady! The boys have been keeping up the yard and enjoying each other. I am enjoying a visit from my mom. Yesterday I took the two little ones to a petting farm. For the most part they enjoyed it. The park has two Shetland ponies, a mule, pot-belly pig, a couple kids, a calf, chickens, a ferret, a hamster, and a few other miscellaneous animals. The youngest pony grabbed one of the baby goats on the hip and carried it around while it cried for help. I don't think this scared my daughter badly, but my son would have nothing to do with it after words. I am grateful to the good friends I have out here who are there for me for big and small things. I am looking forward to seeing our young man go to the temple for his first time. He is excited about the best of things this summer: going to the temple, spending time with family, having his big brother home for the fall. I look at the innocents of these kids and sometimes wish I could be there again. I don't want to relive anything, I am content with up-until-now, its just the joy found in little things. I think as an adult I get caught up in moments and forget to enjoy little things along the way. That is something I need to work on. Any way, these are a few of my thoughts as of late.

No comments: