Thursday, August 12, 2010

This summer has been a crazy one! Either we have been on the road, or had people dropping in for extended periods of time. It has been great! I love when family stops through! Some of them I have not seen in years, and it is great getting re-acquainted.

Grandma, an Aunt, and two Cousins stopped in. It is exciting to hear how people are growing Where life's paths have and are taking them. It is especially fun to see each generations perspective in life and how just the day to day is affecting each of us. Many things have not changed, yet we are all grwing in our own little ways. Big ways too! Each of us are having different life lessons taught to us and when we discuss these lessons it seems to help others grow a well.

My Brother had been able to stop in and it was great! He had not seen one of the cousins since he was 11, we will admit we are now in our thirties. My brother is a great guy and it is great hearing others acknowledge this. He looks a little rough on the exterior, if he wasn't my brother I might not have taken the time to know that really he is just a big caring teddy bear. What a luck sister I am.

I am looking forward to seeing more of the family from both my husbands and my side in the next couple of weeks. My Hubby is a bit older than I so his family is through with the drama mostly, I enjoy talking about philosophy with them and hearing about the lessons they are learning and yet discovering. With my own family it is always fun to reminisce about the good ole days and share the lessons we are learning.

No comments: