Thursday, September 16, 2010

Signs of Fall

I had to take a moment and share how I absolutely love this time of year! Yesterday while taking my preschooler to school I drove past where we have our farmers market. They have it each Wednesday eventing and Saturday morning From when the weather is warm enough, until it gets just a little too cool. Farmers come from surrounding areas bringing in their crops harvest and sharing it with the city folk. We see fruits, vegetables, jellies and jams, some crafts, and jerky.

Back to the point, it was fun seeing the farmers pull in with their truck loads of pumpkins and gourds yesterday, along with the late fall melons. The air is cooling and there is a crisp feeling, sometimes a nip in the air. If I were where I grew up the mountains would begin their color makeovers about this time of year and be in full array by next month. Each season has something to anticipate. My heart was lifted yesterday when I saw the first signs of fall. I hope you all have a pleasurable week!

No comments: