Monday, October 20, 2008

Blessings

I need to let you know how blessed I have been. And am.

This past week I was on vacation visiting family and friends. I wrote about tender mercies. Let me share some of the tender mercies I experienced with family.

The first weekend I was there I was able to enjoy with my two oldest girls and their roomie. It was not only pleasant and rejuvenating, but so enjoyable. It was fun to see them and my two little ones interact. As a step-mom it is easy to worry about how your little ones will be accepted. Especially with the age difference. My girls invited their little sister to run errands with them, she felt like a little queen. She loves and looks up to her two big sisters.

I had the time to eat with my sisters and brother-in-laws, it was a fun evening, I enjoyed. Apparently my little princess did to, she was the entertainment for us and the restaurant staff.
Later in the week I was able to have a girls night out with my sisters. We enjoyed being able to spend time together. I miss their friendships at times. It seems as we get older the time we spend together is more cherished because with children and distance it is less frequent. Then there is the part where we have an age range of children that demands a bit of our time even when we have that time together.

The time with my parents was precious. I want my children to have memories they can enjoy of their grandparents. My little girl loves to tease with her grandma-daddy. That is the name she has given grandpa. Grandma-mommy does her job also very well, she spoils the dickens out of the children. I am blessed to have good parents who love their children and grand-children. I also cherish the time I get to spend with them.

The greatest blessing of the whole trip was the return home! I saw this tall handsome man of a man walking up to me as I entered the train station. He had his warm smile and arms open and ready to receive me. I hate to say it but I think I married the best man out there. I am one lucky woman! and not because he told me so.

This afternoon when our teenage son came home for lunch, it melted my heart to hear the excitement in his voice when he saw his little sister and ran and they both embraced. later when we picked up our youngest of the older boys he and my little girl were so excited to see each other! I am one lucky woman to be a part of such a great family! I am truly blessed!

No comments: