Tuesday, September 29, 2009

How Time Flies!!!

Can you believe we are already planning for the month of October? Milk is expiring 2 weeks into October. It seems like we were just beginning the year Just over a month ago. So much has happened and still more is to come. It seems like we try to cram everything we missed into the last 2-3 months of the year, they are always here and gone before we can take a breath.

I look at my two little ones and think it wasn't that long ago that I was bringing them home from the hospital. Yet I know there are many of you readers who have little ones that are now in College, Married and having children of their own. There are some of you who have not reached that point but are working towards it. You have the privilege of watching younger siblings and those you babysat grow.

What is interesting to me is how I remember being watched by others as I grew. Now I am on the end of watching. I am watching little boys pass the sacrament, little girls join Young Womens. My children are babysat by the youth I once babysat. I am watching friends raise families of their own, or continuing their education, beginning careers of their own, making the best of what they have.

Many times while barbering I would have the little old men who have experienced it all tell me "Wait until you are my age, then you will see time fly!" I wonder why that is, when we get older time does seem to go by faster.

As a kid I remember thinking Christmas was every 6 years or so. About this point in life it seems just shorter than year. How will it feel when I am in my eighties I wonder.

Well, there you have it, a quandry if a Wicked Step-mother.

No comments: