Friday, January 29, 2010

Family

We had some extended family driving through the other day. I love having them drop in on us! This time they came with some of the younger clan. The youngest, a little girl one-year senior to my three year old and the only girl, having 3 older brothers. On her way to our house she was told of my little one and said "Can she be my forever-sister-cousin?"

Shortly after meeting and playing together, my daughter was over heard saying: "Will you be staying with us forever?"

Later in the evening my little one did everything in her power to keep the night young. She didn't want her new found friend to leave. Finally when I was able to get her in her bed, she was sobbing. She wanted her new found friend to "stay forever."

I had the girlish whim, hoping for the same thing. But as reality is, we have to go our separate ways. The comfort is found in knowing we are family and our paths will pass again.

No comments: