Saturday, November 1, 2008

The First Taste of Halloween

You forget the delights of common things until you become a parent and are reminded of these simple treasures through the eyes (or faces in this case) of our little ones.

Tonight my husband and I returned from an evening of together time. We heard the children awake in the basement so went to see how they weathered in our absence. Once we had established the baby was alive and the two older boys were in one piece (each in one piece), my inquiries went to where my youngest little girl may be.

It seemed a mystery, she had disappeared. I ran and began looking in usual hiding places in route to her bedroom. There I found her curled up, fast asleep on her floor with a candy bar in her hand melted and smeared up her cheek where her hand had come to rest. She had chocolate around her mouth, like that may have been her much enjoyed dinner as well. Oh the memories of childhood.

No comments: