Thursday, November 20, 2008

Life's Little Lessons

Me being here to post this blog is proof I have yet some lessons to learn in life. The lesson that is being pressed on me repeatedly is Humility. There are many ways this lesson has presented its self. Through family. Through callings. Through friends and acquaintances.

Continually I am being reminded of weaknesses I possess. There are people out there who feel it their personal calling to point these out to me. They seem to feel that they now my heart better than My own Father in Heaven. Thus it is their personal duty to make me into their view of perfection. Then there are those who are worried enough about themselves, that they look past my flaws and weaknesses with the realization that I am a mere mortal and am still being molded as God intends for me to be.

I appreciate the latter group of people. They tend to be the instruments I tend to gravitate to and admire. Those who tear me down to remodel are unwelcome guests in my life. Though they tend to press in more forcefully than my welcome group.

Why don't people respect the agency of others? How is it that they can be so hypocritical yet expect perfection from someone as weak as themselves? No one on this earth is perfect, only Christ was. So why is it that others feel it their need to make judgments and accusations that they know nothing about. I mean really, do they know my heart as well as Father in Heaven?

No comments: