Monday, December 8, 2008

A tribute to Two

There are many amazing people that have entered and left my life. Leaving prints along the way. Two of these most amazing are men who have stepped out this past week.

Joseph B. Worthlin was an extraordinary man. He was an Apostle and cared for and loved all of those he served. He had a great since of humor which was quite obvious in his last talk given in Octobers conference. Elder Worthlin had a perspective of life that I and many others grew to respect over the years and to which I am very grateful. He is, in my book, one of the great ones!

The other man is known on a smaller scale, yet the people who knew him will agree to what a great man he was. Bro Harnegle passed away also, his time has come where he too is no longer held back by his physical frame. He taught my temple prep class before my mission and had a testimony that was profoundly touching. His way was gentle, and humble. Even when he felt like he had given his all, he showed immense faith and continued forward always positive. He shared with me one day that his favorite song is I Need Thee Every Hour.

I have learned so much from these men. The feeling of absence is felt. A bit of sorrow also. Not for their leaving this frail life, rather for those who had not had the chance to feel of their great spirits. Nor taste of the great teachings they shared, both by speech and example. What a strength they have been to many. I am grateful I had the privilege of walking with them through this life. What a blessing.

No comments: