Monday, August 3, 2009

Mom 101

Not seriously, but let me tell you. having two little ones with minds of their own and them all to myself with daddy away...*sigh*, I can hardly wait for his return!

Honestly the feelings today were something to experience: "What, another plate of food on the floor?!" "It's no wonder you are hungry, you your food is all on the floor rather than in your stomach." "Why are you pouring milk on the floor like that? cows don't grow out of the floor boards." "No, spaghetti sauce is not the new rave in the lotion department, why is it all over your arms and legs like that?" "Princesses do not flick their food all over the kitchen like that!" "You know, you were in front of the toilet...why is there a puddle under you? You can't pee like your brothers." "The trash stays in the trash can, we don't need this kind of remodeling done." "You didn't need help making the mess...." *sigh* oh, I could go on. I feel like I have got nothing accomplished to day. Only ranting and raving.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Um at least she isn't out of control like the family I worked with. I went over there one morning, and one of the kids had taken the dirt collector out of the vacuum and then poured milk all over inside the vacuum. I was laughing, but the mom sure wasn't happy. So next time there is food and milk all over the floor, just count your blessings and be glad its not inside your vacuum. :)

thoughts of a Wicked Stepmother said...

Thank you for reminding me of my blessings Katy, you just know how to put things into perspective.

Rhonda said...

Don't forget to schedule time for yourself. After 4 kids, I am only now realizing how important that is. For sanity reasons, Wade gives me between 2 and 4 hrs a day to get projects done... scrapbooking .... painting ..... remodel projects ... or even sometimes I just use that time to catch up on cleaning. Hang in there Melane they are only this little for a short time and it really does go by quickly.