Saturday, January 17, 2009

a lesson on being green

My two year old loves to watch Nogin in the mornings, it has all of her favorit shows. They teach children a variety of skills, so I have felt justified in a bit of TV time in the mornings. Besides, it gives gives me a little extra time to get the house organized or take care of her little bro. She has picked up on colors, shapes, and letters.

The past couple of months they have been teaching children the importance of recycling. I didn't know how much attention she had paid until today.

We were cleaning the living room and there were some ads thrown all over my living room. I picked some of them up and put them in the garbage. Later I moved on to the kitchen, thinking little more about the ads. My smart little girl came in and decided to see what has been thrown away. In so doing she informed me that "News paper no go in da garbage momma! it go in da recycle box!"

It is true that their little minds are sponges. It is also true that moms get called on the carpet too. Dang.

No comments: