Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lifes Simple Pleasures!

I have to share with you how my day was made today! It went something like this. My gym time was cut short today because my little one is a momma's boy and wanted nothing to do with Kid's Club. Bummer! He was so upset in fact, I had decided it best to postpone running errands for later in the day. As it goes at times later becomes apparently too late and I was beginning to think that I might have to either change my plans for dinner, or call on my husbands assistance, postponing his arrival home after work.

While waiting for my son after school I had this brilliant plan! I could pick things up on the way home. Now the only decision was: where? I could hit one of the grocery mom and pop shops on the way knowing they are usually a bit over priced. Or, I could (Being married to a bean counter who counts every bean)go a bit out of the way and go to a bargain store, with the possibility of not only having to walk all of the way to the back of the store,and get a deal, but then hope for short lines. (I was hoping to leave the sleeping babies in the car with their big bro and make a mad dash for the groceries that were in for great need.) Big Bro requested that I hit the smaller store, he has better things to do than wait for me to run errands, can you blame him?

Okay, you are probably already on to the story, I won't hold it against you. Any way, I granted his request and stopped at the smaller store. I dragged my feet to the back and to my great surprise found that my items were on sale this week! (Half the price of the bargain store! YES!) so I justified some chocolate ice cream to celebrate! Then, wait it even gets better! As I was ringing up, the girl found and instant coupon on one of my buys which gave me an additional .50 off each item! so what would have normally came easily to $12- 13, came merely to $5.07! Ha! no guilt for the ice cream! Oh yeah baby! That is how my day was made!

No comments: