Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thanks to a good friend, I have the quote from President Eyring that I wanted to use in my last post. This has not been stepmotherified in any sense of the word.

"Too often we use many hours for fun and pleasure, clothed in the euphemism "I'm charging my batteries." Those hours could be spent reading and studying to gain knowledge, and skills, and culture."

"For instance, we too often fail to take advantage of the moments we spend waiting. Think of the last time that you sat in a barber shop or a beauty salon or the waiting room of a doctor’s office. It is so easy to spend time thumbing through any magazine that is stacked on a table there. In fact, if you think about it, you will remember how you wondered where they get those old, out-of-date magazines. There is much valuable reading you could do if you took a book with you to fill those islands of time."

This broadcast as a whole is amazing to read, I found it both edifying and full of wisdom...if you are ever board and looking for something productive to read, this talk can be found at:http://www.lds.org/broadcast/ces050601/0,10483,538,00.html

Thanks

No comments: