Monday, February 2, 2009

I keep telling you how amazing the children in my stewardship are. Let me share with you some of the reasons I find them so amazing.

Our oldest has a heart of gold, if you need anything, she is there. She isn't the least bit selfish, and cares about everyone. She always is concerned about someone else whether a it be a sibling of a friend. She is the most amazing cook, goodness, she is going to have one luck husband someday! We are lucky every time she crosses our paths! She has a deep care for all of her brothers and sisters. I admire her.

Number two, she and I joke she is the red headed step child. which, she is, but there is more to her. She is a perfect example on budgeting money. Seriously, next to her dad, she is the bomb. she also has a great deal of courage. I remember when she graduated from college and was trying to decide what to do next. She struggled a bit but pulled herself out of it, she moved on and is now making tons of new friends. She gave of herself to the people in El Salvador and loved them to pieces. She is awesome with children as well.

The oldest of the boys is serving a full time mission right now. In his letters he talks about how great the people are. You can tell he is loving the work. One thing that amazed me and still does is at how well he includes his younger brothers in things. He isn't afraid of getting on their level. He loves to share things with them, things he has learned, a new piece of music he has discovered, whatever! When it comes to school, he is brilliant.

The second oldest of the boys has an imagination like no other! Don't be surprised if I am bragging about him being published sometime in the future! he and his younger brother will act out parts from his book, and I look forward to him telling me his new ideas. Like his older brother and father, he is setting an exceptional example for his younger brother on how to honor his priesthood. He loves the people he serves.

The younger of the older boys is growing so fast! He loves family time, I think family is the most important thing to him. He loves the time he gets with his older siblings and is a blessing when it comes to helping with the younger two. Like his oldest sister he is very social, he loves to be surrounded by friends and family. In the past, and now he brings home art work. he does very well with art! He does well in math, this year they trained him to help teach other students and help them with their math skills.

My two youngest are blessings to wake up to in the mornings. They always have warm smiles and arms open for hugs. They love their older siblings and each other! My two year old likes to be like her big brother, she wants to be an artist like him. She loves to play in her brothers vicinity when ever she has the chance, whether down stairs or out side.

I watch these children and learn more from them than I think I contribute to their lives. They are so close to one another. Each of them has their unique qualities. I am grateful for the attributes they bring into our home and family circle. I can't really stake any claims on their examples, they seriously astound and amaze me, I am blessed to have them as a part of my life. You may now have an inkling or a bit of a hint to why I feel so blessed.

No comments: