Thursday, February 12, 2009

Resolutions

It has been a good week. A busy one and fun at the same time. As of late I have been trying to come up with some more exciting ways to entertain my little ones during the day. It seems a bit to easy these days to turn them over to the tube, then get my things done. I justified it because my daughter is learning about numbers, shapes, letters, and all of those good things as she watches say: Mickey Mouse Club House, Super Why, Word World. She is even learning a bit about people skills while watching things like: Miss Spider and Sunny Patch Friends, Oswald...there is a list I don't want to brag about, it's to long for a Two year old.

So I have come up with a few ideas.

I think I am going to do more crafts, she is a little artist, (there is proof of it all the way down my hall, and next to the piano.) We could cook together once in a while. Baking cookies, or my two year old's favorite, cupcakes! (I have to admit this one is hard for me, I work better as one in the kitchen.)

On nice sunny days I am going to do more outside activities(this is for me just as much as for my children) maybe going to the park, going on walks or simply playing in the yard.

Our local Library I am finding is a treasure trove for activities! They have things for all ages. Story Time, a family movie once a month. I am sure they have more, these are the ones I have only heard about.

My latest discovery is one I thought was out of reach. I found, to get a year round pass for my family at the Children's Museum isn't all that expensive. This would be a great rainy day activity, not only that, but the membership extends to out of state as well, so when we travel we would be able to have a free activity pretty much anywhere. Well except Battlemountain NV. I think it might be a bit too small.

And finally there is the one thing that I think is easiest to forget or simply put aside for another time, that is to get involved a bit more in their play. Most kids are content having you watch. I need to take time to sit down and read more, or play with my little munchkins, after all they aren't going to be little forever.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Hey I like your post. This is why we don't have tv in our house. My kids are addicted. When I clean I turn on music and we dance it seems to get Rachael more active in helping. She really belts out those disney tunes. Also while we pick up I ask her what color something is or what shape. Just a thought. I know it does not work for everyone and there are still days she just does not want to help but, the days she does help I really get a lot of cleaning done. Happy days to you. Hope your week is going good.