Monday, June 22, 2009

It is a blessing to watch children grow and learn. I am learning this over and over again. I have seen the children in my stewardship sprout almost like weeds! I have a priviledge that many parent don't have. I have began with children, teens and young adults.

The eldest is discovering again and again who she is. Each time she shines a little more. She welcomes everyone and makes any one and everone comfortable. She would do anything for any of her friends or family. She loves to help others. She is sensitive to others and the spirit. Often times she wears herself on her sleeve. I admire this, because it can be hard to do. She confronts things, she doesnt let them get in the way or cause problems.

My red headed step child is very good with caring for those most would give up on. She does it every day in her day to day work. She puts on a hard outer shell, but I think she has to so she wont be eaten alive, for any of you who know her, she is a softy inside.

Both girls have high standards and are good examples to their younger siblings.

Our 21 year old is brilliant. Any who know him can't deni it. He is setting a comendable example for his younger siblings as well. He has never been afraid to stand up for what he believes. Nor ashamed. He has a good attitude and is a hard worker He takes what ever he does seriously and knows how to make it fun at the same time. He doesn't let others push him around.

My 17 year old, once awkward and a bit gangly has become quit a handsome young man. He takes the gospel seriously and lives life the best he can. He has an intelect beyond his years. Sometimes he blows me away with aconcept he shares. He continually amazes me. I couldn't trade him for any other teenager. I watch some and am reminded of how lucky I really am.

Our 11 year old is becoming quite the young man too! This past year he over came a fear of change and realized it can actually be quite fun. He has over come most of his fears regaurding water. He is diving and swimming like he never thought possible for himself. He has a tender spirit, he cares about those around him. He is a loyal friend to those who need a great friend and is sensitive to his younger siblings.

My 3 year old over came her fear of water today. Instead of clinging to me for dear life, she trusted me and tried to do some things on her own. I was looking at pictures today and it seems like just a month or two ago we were bringing her home.

My 1 year old is becoming more confident each day in his walking. Before I know it he will be chasing around with his older siblings, getting into mischief and tending to his curiosity, I will be in trouble then.

It ceases to amaze me at how time flies. I am sure I have said this before. In my barber chair I used to have older gentlemen always tell me that is was only going to pass more quickly. I hope with all hope that I will make the most of that time. My children are going to be small only once. They will be teens only once, each in their own modified version.

Sometimes in the day to day I forget how precious each moment can be and let it pass with out enjoying it. I hope I look back with more memories of them than not. I enjoy being included when they give me the chance. The moments the older ones share with me are cherished.

I know there are more times than not that they wish they had their mother instead, I hope they know that she is often by their side. She is still alive, only in spirit in stead. This makes her lucky in my book, it is easier for her to be there for everything important. She is a good mother, I see her teachings in her children. I see her love, her stubbornness, her desire to do good and make others feel of worth. All of her goodness is reflected through her children, old and young. I am so blessed to be a part of it. I just cant say it enough.

No comments: