Thursday, February 18, 2010

11 year old example

This week is a far cry from the excitement I experienced last week in all of my adventures with ailing children. Children are well and back into their live full swing mode.

Today I am feeling pretty proud of our 11 yr old. His report card came yesterday and he had a great one! Nothing below a B! And over half of the grades were in the A range!He's got smart brains, yes he does! To top things off though, he came home feeling pretty good with himself today. He stood up to a bully at school for a friend of his. You should have seen him, he was beaming from ear to ear. He did it by just telling the bully if they had nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Apparently that was all they needed to hear, because the bullying was over for the day. Yay!

While I am telling you about this boy, I might as well add what a great big and little brother he is. Including the family in his activities and ideas is always counted on. He is our tender one. He is sensitive to others and their feelings, and willing to help most of the time (If I said all the time, you mothers out there would think I had a miracle step-child, he is normal, he groans when asked to do chores, rolls his eyes sometimes, but mostly he is just a wonderful kid). Well, now you know our 11 year old a bit better.

No comments: