Saturday, February 13, 2010

Adventures of Sorts...of Motherhood...

If it isn't one adventure, then it is another. If you have a weak stomach, read no further. There I have done my part in warning you. I am serious.

It began early last Sunday morning, I awoke at 4:30 am to my youngest choking I went to check on the tyke and found he had vomited all over his bed. Ew..I know. He seemed to be perfectly fine afterwords, still does thank goodness. We thought we might be done.

Then, Monday evening my daughter decided to have a small episode. On the hour for three hours it repeated its self and we had great fun cleaning up after her. When I decided she was finished for the evening I was heading to bed (1:30 am) Just then our 11 year old decided he was going to start (I know, he didn't really have a say in the matter, poor guy!) Instead of going to bed I pulled his drenched bedding from the bed and washed it...*sigh*, got him in the bath and I think I made it to bed between 2:30 and 3:00.

My good husband took a bit of a shift between obligations until I was able to catch a few Z's. I believe there weren't any more problems...until Wednesday morning at 3:30 am. I awoke to my daughter vomiting again. Okay, obviously this was not the 12, or even 24 hour flu. Joy. Two more times and she seemed to be better. I thing I did two loads of laundry related to the early morning instances.

Thursday went well, as did Friday! However, here we are Saturday, and now we are experiencing a whole new adventure. I have mopped the bathroom floor, I will need to clean my carpets soon, though I think I will wait until this passes. To say the least, we are clinging to pull-ups instead of panties. She feels belittled, but it seems to be an easier answer than tossing a whole bunch of undies...*sigh*. I know, I could wash them...but ugh, sorry, I have reached my limits for the moment.

Oh the adventures. I can hardly wait for these particular ones to be over. Some adventures just can't be enjoyed the same as say...Disneyland or something of that sort.

No comments: