Friday, February 19, 2010

It came to this?!?

A very good friend of mine has the two little ones for the afternoon, so I thought it a good time to tackle the toys and clothes that breed like rabbits!

Let me preface this with: "In no corner of my mind did I even come close to correctness when I guessed this would only take an hour or so." I have been at it for two and I am still only at the beginning.

Who would have known that two children under the age of three could accumulate so many clothes!(I haven't even started with the toys yet *sigh*) I know, it is no-bodies fault but my own. Buying clothes as they out grew their others, and then with potty training needing some spares here and there to keep washing clothes to once or twice a week...what was I thinking? How do those mothers on TV do it? seriously!

I have made sure I have packed clothes as they have out grown them. Just to try keeping on top of things. However, as I began going through their closet today, I found miscellaneous clothing here and there and then realized in my zealous packing I had not marked boxes with size or sex. Also I found a stash of clothes my cousin had given me...my daughter completely skipped! Had I not bought clothes for that era, we could have kept things down to 1 box per size. So, for 2 and 1/2 sizes we now have two boxes...grrrr.

Now to move all of these into storage. We want to have another and seeing as it is still in the makings, we don't know the sex....So, save both just in case right? Right. Plus, I have to keep mine, my sisters and my cousins(hopefully that covers everyone)....clothes separate, because what if someone will be needing them back.

What happened to the good old days when kids could run free in diapers? Just an outing outfit, Sunday outfit and good ole pj's? I can only shake my head at the moment. Well, back to tackling the mess, wish me luck!

No comments: