Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Random Thoughts...

Well, its been a crazy week in our house hold. It seems the flu just finishes and gives us a break (for a week or so) and then hits us again. If any one has suggestions on getting vomit stains and odors out of a mattress, I am open to suggestions. Other than that I have miraculously stayed afloat with the house...mostly. I think I have washed enough bedding to account for everyone here and abroad. For the month any way. I know, TMI. Other than that not a whole lot has taken place. I have had the words and actions of others haunt me this week, having too much time to think can and is a problem at times. The problem with it is: we hear things that people would never say to our face...which is a good thing...but then you you begin thinking: I don't think I have presented myself on those terms, so why do they think that of me? How can people be so cruel in their thinking? Then I think, how many times have I said something not knowing the whole story or, for that mater wanting to know or understand the other side? I think: I may know better, or assume that I know it all. Through this and other thoughts it keeps occurring to me that is the reason we are taught not to judge. I can't make judgments on others, because I don't know the whole or even half of the story. Their shoes have been tailored to them. The portion I do know is one sided, skewed and shared in the moment. Often times because it is one sided , skewed or shared in the moment, it is put in a darker light. *sigh*. I need to remind myself that I have made unfair judgments and, whether I deserved it or not, I have been forgiven. This turning the other cheek thing is so difficult. Especially when you feel it is unjust of the one 'slapping'. I apologize if this sounds angry, just something I needed to put out there and get off my chest. On a good note, I think the flu may be though with this coarse. I am thankful for the Savior and the atonement. I know through it I can be molded and perfected...when I remember to apply it. When I humble myself. Humility. A whole other lesson. Luckily I have a whole life time to learn it.

No comments: