Friday, February 5, 2010

More Reads

Well, I have been enjoying another great book! "Rebekah" by Orson Scott Card. It is from his trilogy "Women of Genesis".

I have actually been listening to it on CD between errands and runs. I am enjoying how well written the book is, especially the building up of each if the Biblical characters. When making my purchase of the book on CD I didn't realize the book I have is the second of a series...oops! I guess I will be going back before moving forward with the nest one...lol!

Along with my listening to "Rebekah" I am reading a book called "Women of the Old Testament". I believe That the research of Orson S.C. is accurate, consistent with the history and teachings found in the Bible. It is bringing the old Bible stories to life for me!

Other books that have done this for me as well are:

"Two from Galilee" by Marjorie Holmes
"The Red Tent" * by Anita Diamant

others from the trilogy by Orson Scott Card are:
"Sarah"
"Leah and Rachael"

*The Red Tent is a well written book , but has some material that can be offensive to others. I have recommended it to others forgetting about the offensive part(I had skimmed past it) and was told they were surprised I would recommend the book. However, I enjoyed the way Anita wrote the book and painted the characters.

No comments: