Wednesday, February 24, 2010

One of Lifes Little Adventures

We just had this little discussion. The conversations we hold with our young. All I can do is shake my head. Mind you this conversation is with my three year old, so bear with me.

"Sweety, I need you to go and try to go potty for me."

"Okay" she heads to the bathroom and quickly returns "Mommy, I can't go potty, there is a little turd in the toilet, right in the hole."

"Well, flush again, and then go please."

"But it isn't my turd. Why do I have to flush my brothers turd?"

"Because I am pretty sure it is your turd, seeing as you were the last to use the bathroom and your brother is at school."

"But brother doesn't wipe when he goes potty."

"What does that have to do with you re-flushing and going potty?"

"There is no toilet paper in the toilet with the turd..."

Well, I finally convinced her she could flush it and go. How exasperating. I had to explain that "I am pretty sure brother uses toilet paper in specific instances...just like everybody else."
I have to admit I was trying real hard not to chuckle as we went through this discussion. Boy. Isn't life full of little adventures.

1 comment:

Matt and Maggie said...

That is SO funny!!! Oh my, I'd chuckle too.