Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Child Like

I have been pondering a lot lately why it is God asks us to become as little children.

Children are meek. They forgive easily. Children trust whole heartily. They look past our flaws, in fact I think they don't notice them at times. They do their best to do their best. They give simple and precious gifts. They are made happy with simple acts of love and don't need a lot, just love attention and to know they are number one in your book. They love to be held and love praise. They are kind to everyone(I realize this is not always in their favor). They turn to their parents when they are hurt to find comfort. they are precious beyond words.

So what can I learn from this?

I need to be meek and easy to forgive. I need to trust my Heavenly Father whole heartily. I need to look past others flaws and love them for who they are. Respect them.

I need to give my best and when I fail, trust that God will forgive me and take me back. I need to give my time to those in my stewardship, let them know they are loved, words are not enough, actions often speak louder that words.

I need to look for the blessings in my life and focus on them rather than the negative that life seems to throw my way some days. If I give time to think about these things, I can more see the hand of God in my life and then turn what look like stumbling blocks into stepping stones. These stones can bring me closer to Him rather than away. In reaching for Him I will feel His arms around me. I may even hear His voice in my heart if I take the time to listen.

When I am hurt or angry I should turn to the Lord to find peace and comfort. By counting the blessing He has placed in my life...namely the Savior, there should be no question that I am number one in his book. I should trust that He loves me just like he loves the next person. With that, He does love the other person and so I should forgive them or ask their forgiveness. Then the circle begins again, and again I need to humble myself and relearn these basic steps.

I am sure there is much more to be learned from this, but this is the lesson I have learned in this sitting.

No comments: