Sunday, April 19, 2009

Fetishes

Everyone has some sort of fetish. Some are all about cleanliness, some about hair, clothes, purses, shoes, ties, socks, (hoarding food) my list could go on for ever! For years I have prided myself in having no fetishes. I know you are going to tell me Pride comes before the fall. I know and I am shaking my head at the very thought.

A girl friend of mine was over and decided to help organize my personal space! This was welcome, because believe it or not I am not very organized. If you have seen my personal space you know how much it was needed and appreciated.

However, while she was going through things she mentioned I could probably throw out one of my shoe boxes. What!? The box is in perfect condition! I might need it someday to wrap a gift! (hopefully it will be returned to me)...(the box I mean.) I can organize my little things by putting them in boxes, you know pictures, stickers, gum, I don't know, I am grasping for ideas, but not that box.

Well how about the old clothing box? You could get rid of that right? Um, let me think about that on. No. Sorry, that one is perfect for storing cards, it might be the perfect size for a gift also (again, I hope the box is returned!)

There are a whole lot of miscellaneous boxes that went undetected.*phew*. I found them being tossed and saved them from their ill-fate. Why? Well, they were cute, I am sure I could find something to do with them too. (we wont mention that was well over 12 years ago when they were found, and you have probably guessed I have found no use for them.)

I have been saving diaper boxes. Luckily she hadn't come across these, and I have found a use for them. They are great for clothes my children have out grown. However, I am sure the extra boxes in the closet could be used by someone else, say for a move or something. I can say this because I still have kids in diapers.

By this point I am beginning to laugh at myself, By golly I have had a fetish all along! I am one of them! I have moved so many times with some of these (many) empty boxes. *I am shaking my head at the thought*. I guess it is time I go through my boxes and decide which ones need to go. I might start with the random ones I rescued twelve years ago.

1 comment:

Professor Hall said...

Why don't we just buy some plastic tubs to put the boxes in?