Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Mothers Advise

I was thinking the other day about some of my embarrassing moments I have had in life. One most certainly always returns as if it were just yesterday.

It all happened on a sunny day with a lazy breeze. While preparing for a formal outing my mother kindly suggested that I pull on a slip on. Her reasoning? So no one would see the color of underwear I had on through the fabric of my skirt. I justified not using a slip, because I could tuck my blouse in just right to cover things up.

My problems developed shortly after my mother, friend and I had finished our outing and had left the building. Mom had went to get the car and was pulling up along side my friend and I when she kindly asked me to clean the front seat for my friend.

While leaning over to clean the seat I asked my mother a question I was sure she should have had a response for yet she didn't reply. I looked up to see why she had no response only to find her with a look of disbelief and shock froze upon her face.

When I turned to see what she could be such a distraction to her, I realized my view was impaired by my skirt being blown up to block out the view of the whole door! With embarrassment I quickly straightened and re-adjusted my skirt. Only to find my friend standing behind me with both hands over her mouth and a look of sheer terror upon her face. Behind her a gentleman was walking briskly into the building trying his best to shield his vision from the vision I had just presented.

I am quite sure I had looked something like a two-white-stemed flower with beautiful peach petals and a turquoise center. To this day I wish I had taken my mothers advise and worn a slip.

No comments: