Friday, April 24, 2009

Humility 101

Well, if it wasn't clear to me before, it certainly is now. You may be wondering what I am talking about, well let me share.

I have been feeling a bit frumpy as I am sure most mothers do at one point or another. I am thirty pounds more than when I began having children, and my clothes no longer fit the way they should. In fact they fit but only in places the shouldn't. This became clear while dressing my two-year-old.

While on the floor with her and helping her with her shoes she pointed to my belly and said in the sweetest voice:

"Mommy, you look like a snowman!"

Now you would think I would know better than ask questions, but you will see that was my great mistake.

"Why do you think I look like a snowman?"

Pointing to the bottom roll and working her way up she sweetly says:

"There is the snowman belly, (second roll) there is his chest, and there is its two heads!"

All I can say to that is yikes! It sure is good to have the innocents of a young child around to keep you humble isn't it.

1 comment:

Annie Hall said...

I feel really bad but I laughed out loud at this. HA HA and I am still laughing!