Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Time

Isn't it just crazy how time flies? I remember when I was a kid it took what felt like 6 years for Christmas to role around! It was crazy! I was seven-years-old for a life time. Possibly even an additional half.

Here it is already towards the end of April! What is up with that! It seems like only a couple of months ago we moved into our home and here we are nearing our 1 year mark. Hmm.

I remember I used to have a conversation similar to this with the little old men who came and sat in my barbers chair back in the day. that was only 5 years ago...What!? It doesn't even seem that long ago. Any way the conversations would go something like this:

"Can you believe it is already the 4th of July?"

"Yeah, wait until you are my age, then time will really begin to fly."

When they would say that to me I would say something and we would go on about the weather, today's youth, whatever was happening in the news.

I was thinking about this recently though. I look at my children and step-children. They have already grown so much it is almost crazy! My 17 year old went through 5-6 pant sizes in one year and I wondered how we were ever going to keep up with him! I look at our 10 year old, he is becoming quite the not so little man himself these days. Then I look at my two little ones and think my almost three year old will be going to kindergarten in two years, she might even be potty trained by then ( I am crossing my fingers on that one with my whole heart!)

So when I reach the ripe old age of the men who once sat in my chair, will I be able to look back with no regrets? I hope the children entrusted in my stewardship will know they are loved and important. I hope I will have accomplished everything I promised Heavenly Father I would and I hope where I fall short that I will turn to the Savior for His assistance. I hope I don't waste any more time than is necessary on the unnecessary.

No comments: