Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Summer

I am getting so excited for this summer! The boys are done with school officially tomorrow! I am not sure everything we will be doing, but it will be great having everyone around! Now I know the boys think this is only so can nag them more, but in all truth, I enjoy hearing their ideas, watching them do their things, and I have to admit I enjoy the spurts of free-time I have when they are here to help once in a while with the younger ones.

Also this summer the two older girls are making some great choices and have invited me to be a part of it! I enjoy watching them from the side lines, and being included once in a while! What an honor! They are making some big changes in their lives and it is fun! I am sure their mother is looking in on them with a huge smile (and possibly a little bit of mischief to keep them on their toes!)

I am going to try to make a little more time for myself in attending the gym. Maybe I will be able to define my shape in a positive manner. I have to admit that I have been having a hard time. There have been so many snacks around lately, and my self control has been less than desirable...*sigh*. However, this summer is the perfect time to make some changes!

Over the years I have been reading a lot on losing weight. It seems like what I really need to do is cut back my portions, snack less, and add some exercise to my daily routine. So, I am going to continue being optimistic, and get started. You are welcome to check up on me if you would like, it would help me be more accountable.

There are some of my most recent thoughts as of late. Until next time, hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

Annie Hall said...

Whatever! Summer is the time for snacking. There is fresh everything everywhere and burgers and dogs and fair food. Holy crap fair food! Oh and I started a program called couch to 5k. Everyday I get better and it feels so good. Give it a try if you have someone to watch the kids for a half hour three days a week. dad will be home more so maybe you could this summer.

Kate said...

Make a bet with someone that if you eat a sweet you owe them something. A service or money or whatever. I lost 5 more pounds doing this for 2 months and now i have developed an amazing self control which will continue to help me. We will see how long it lasts. But it really seems to be helping. I am at 15 pounds total now, and still going! I am half way there!