Monday, May 4, 2009

Tender Mercies, the top Eight

I get caught up in the moment often and forget to recognize the blessings I have so I thought I would take a moment to remember.

1. I have a wonderful husband who loves and adores myself and our children. He has made it possible that I can be a stay at home mom and watch our children grow. He provides all our family needs to be happy and for some of our wants as well. He honors his priesthood, and gives his best at home, work,and church. What an example to our children!

2. Our oldest has many talents. she loves her siblings whole heartedly and is setting a great example. She cares for everyone around her and wants them all to be happy. Did I mention she is a great cook, and I love visiting her, or having her home. I know mostly selfish on my part, cause I like her cooking.

3. Our second is just as talented in her own areas. She loves helping the underdog. She is quite, but her example also speaks louder than words. She has great self-control and discipline. I love when she calls home and shares her little stories of life's adventures.

4. Our third is in Brazil serving and loving the same people I grew attached to not so long ago. He is setting the example for his younger brothers to work whole heartedly for the Lord, and his sisters, that there are still great guys out there.

5. Our fourth has a creative mind, he is writing a book and loves to share his ideas with his father and I. He loves playing with his younger siblings and relates well with his older siblings, they even come to him for advise. As have I, he is a wise boy for his age.

6. Our fifth has a heart of gold. He is sensitive to his younger siblings and those around him. More than once I have found a vase full of flowers he has hand picked just for me. I am going to miss that down the road when he has grown and moved on, though he promises he will always be here.

7. My sixth little blessing is a match for me when it comes to wills. She has a beautiful smile and loves to make her little brother laugh! She does everything number five likes to do. She looks up to her siblings with adoration. Also, she gives the best ever hugs! She has the vocab of a teen I swear.

8. My seventh blessing is beginning to walk along furniture, he has a smile that would melt any ones heart. I think he is going to be a tender hearted little tyke like our heart of gold. He loves to sing when others are singing. And my favorite is that he loves to cuddle and to be cuddled.

These are my greatest blessings! You can see how blessed I am, there are times I need to remind myself of these blessings. It is easy when I get caught up in a moment of stinky underpants, sibling rivalry, or just the day to day mundane to forget how truly blessed I am.

Of coarse I could go on and on, the blessing of our free country, the freedom to worship, of speech, and voice. There are so many things I take for granted at one time or another. But these are my top eight blessings.

No comments: